Many technologies are beginning to provide users with the ability to conduct some operations by merely speaking into the device. This function, as it becomes more streamlined, might be really beneficial, particularly on a mobile phone. Siri, the speech assistant on your iPhone, may aid you in performing specific tasks using your voice.
Even if Siri is disabled, your iPhone may still be able to take voice commands. Because of a different feature known as Voice Control, this is the case.
Voice Control can be set to turn on automatically when you press and hold the side button, or it can be set to turn on when you press and hold the side button.
Voice Control can be useful if you genuinely want to use it, but it might be inconvenient if it turns on by accident.
By altering settings on a few menus, we’ll teach you how to switch off Voice Control on an iPhone 11.
Read More: HOW TO TYPE CUBED SYMBOL IN WORD/EXCEL
How To Turn Off Voice Control On An iPhone 11
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select the Accessibility option.
- Voice Control is a good option.
- Then tap Accessibility after turning off Voice Control.
- Select the Side Button option.
- Under Press and Hold to Speak, tap Off.
Why Does Voice Control Keep Popping Up?
To disable Voice Control, go to Settings>General>Siri and enable Siri. Then go to Settings>Touch ID & Passcode>Allow Access When Locked>Siri and turn it off to prevent Siri from being mistakenly invoked.
How Do I Turn Voice Control Off?
Go to Touch ID & Passcode > Settings. Select Voice Dial, then Disable after entering your passcode. Voice Dialing will be disabled as a result of this action (this does not turn off Music Voice Control). Because you can’t have both Voice Control and Siri on at the same time, the second alternative is to enable Siri, which will turn off Voice Control.
Read More: HOW TO TYPE STAR SYMBOL IN WORD/EXCEL
How Do I Turn Off Voice Control On My iPhone XS?
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Side Button on an iPhone X or later. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button on an iPhone 8 or earlier.
Select one of the following choices under Press and Hold to Speak: When you press and hold the Home button, Siri will react.
How Do I Turn Off The Voice On My Keyboard?
In iOS, here’s how to enable or disable Dictation and hide the microphone button on the keyboard:
- In the iOS Settings app, go to “General” and tap it.
- Look for “Dictation” under “Keyboard” and swipe to ON or OFF.
- To disable the feature, tap “Turn Off” to confirm the action.
How Do I Turn Off Voice Messages On My iPhone?
You can disable voice text message control on a per-message basis by clicking the microphone icon on the iPhone’s keyboard, which is immediate to the left of the spacebar. However, you must disable Siri to completely turn it off. On the iPhone’s Home screen, tap the gear-shaped “Settings” icon.
How Do You Turn Off Voice Control On Mac?
It is possible to disable the command-F5 shortcut, so if it isn’t working, try the following:
- From the Apple () menu, select “System Preferences.”
- In System Preferences, select the “Accessibility” icon, then “VoiceOver” from the list on the left.
- Uncheck the item that says “Enable VoiceOver.”
How Do I Turn Off Voice Assistants?
- Swipe down the Status bar from the home screen.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Accessibility can be found by scrolling down and tapping it.
- Vision may be tapped.
- Select Voice Assistant from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the Voice Assistants Switch ON or OFF to enable or disable Voice Assistant. Note: Tap OK if requested.
- Voice Assistant can now be turned on or off.
How To Turn Off Voice Assistant On Samsung Phone
If you want to switch off Voice Assistant on your Samsung phone, follow the steps below:
- To access the app drawer, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. To slide up the screen, use two fingers instead of one, as previously stated. Because your phone is currently in Voice Assistant mode, this is the case.
- Double-tap “Settings” when you find it. Double-tapping the “Settings” symbol will bring up the app.
- Double-tap “Accessibility” to activate it. It’s possible that you’ll have to scroll down until you find the “Accessibility” menu. Double-tap on “Accessibility” once you’ve found it by scrolling with two fingers.
- Double-tap “Vision” to activate it. Continue by tapping “Vision” twice once you’ve entered “Accessibility.”
- Double-tap “Voice Assistant” to activate it. The words “Voice Assistant” and the word “ON” appear on the first line. Here, double-tap one more.
- Toggle the slider to “OFF.” To turn off Voice Assistant, there will be a toggle slider. To turn off this feature, double-tap it.
- Return to the main menu. To return to the home screen, press the HOME key to end the “Settings” app.
Now that Voice Assistant has been off, you may use the typical motions to operate your phone, such as tapping with one touch and scrolling with one finger.
Always remember that when you deactivate it, the normal tap becomes a double-tap, and scrolling/swiping now requires two fingers instead of one.
Congratulations, you now know how to activate or deactivate Voice Assistant. When the Voice Assistant is mistakenly enabled again, there’s no need to panic. Simply follow the steps outlined above to get your phone back to normal.
That concludes the Samsung phone Voice Assistant tutorial. Remember to share this information with your friends on social media. Leave a comment below to let us know what you think. We always look forward to hearing from you.
How To Turn Off Voice Control And Siri On iPhone
Using a voice command system on your phone can be quite useful and make some chores much easier; nevertheless, some individuals may dislike the fact that their voice command system activates unexpectedly, making things even more difficult. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you may have this issue with Siri or the standard Voice Control system. We can assist you if you’re bored of these voice controls appearing on your iPhone or iPad.
Reasons To Turn Off iOS Voice Control And Siri
Save Mobile Data — you must be connected to Wi-Fi to access most Siri capabilities; otherwise, the system will use your cellular data. Turning off Siri can assist you in not exceeding your data limit.
Reduce Your Device’s Battery Usage – utilizing these voice command functions can drain your device’s battery faster than usual. By turning off voice command features, you may be able to go longer without charging your device.
Avoid Unpleasant Interruptions – if Voice Control or Siri frequently comes on when you don’t want or need it, turning them off will prevent them from interrupting you while you’re trying to do anything else with your device.
Continue reading if you believe that turning off both voice command systems on your iOS iPhone is the best option for you. After that, we’ll show you how to switch off Siri and disable Voice Control at the same time.