Other symbols are easily accessible as second-key symbols on the keyboard. The first is the percent symbol, which is inserted by using the Shift+5 keys combination.
Other symbols, on the other hand, are more difficult to type using the keyboard. The less than or equal to a symbol () is one of them.
To put this Less than or equal to sign, use Word’s symbol library or the symbol’s Alt code, or to begin, open a text document. Any word-processing program, such as Word, Notepad, or Google Docs, will suffice.
You’ll need to hit the “Fn” key and “Num Lock” if you’re using a keyboard without a keypad. Your number lock will activate, and the keypad on the right half of your keyboard will function. The number will be written in little blue lettering on the relevant key.
Hold down Alt while typing 243. You won’t be able to.
Read More: HOW TO TYPE SQUARE ROOT IN WORD
Less Than Or Equal To Symbol
On a Mac, press the Option + [, ] shortcut to type the Less than or equal to Symbol. Simply hold down the Alt key and use the numeric keypad to input 243 (i.e. less than or equal to alt code), then release the Alt key.
These keystrokes work in both Windows and Mac versions of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All of the shortcuts you’ll need to type the Les are listed in the table below.
Type Less Than Or Equal To [≤] Symbol In Word/Excel
For typing less than or equal to or inserting symbols that do not have designated keys on the keyboard, Microsoft Office gives numerous options.
In this section, I’ll show you five various ways to type or insert the Less than or equal sign on your PC, such as in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) for both Mac and Windows users.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Using The Less Than Or Equal To symbol [≤] Alt Code (Windows Only)
The procedures to type the Less than or equal to sign on your Windows computer are outlined below:
- Insert your insertion pointer where the Less than or equal to symbol is required.
- On your keyboard, press and hold one of the Alt keys.
- While holding down the Alt key, type the alt code for the Less than or equal to sign (243). To type the alt code, you must use the numeric keypad. If you’re like us,
Using The Less Than Or Equal To Symbol Shortcut (Mac And Windows)
For Mac, here’s how to use the Less than or equal to symbol shortcut:
- To begin, position the insertion pointer where you want to type the symbol.
- To insert the symbol, hit Option + [, ] on your keyboard at the same time.
The following is a list of the Windows shortcuts for the Less than or equal to symbol:
- Place the insertion pointer where you want it.
- Keep the Al button pressed and held down.
Copy And Paste Less Than Or Equal To Sign
Another simple approach to get the Less than or equal sign on any PC is to copy and paste, which is my preferred option.
All you have to do is copy the symbol from anywhere (for example, a web page or the character map for Windows users) and paste it where you need it (for example, in Word or Excel).
You can copy and paste the symbol into your Word document by clicking on it below. Just
- Alternatively, you may just click the copy button at the top of this page.
- Follow the steps below to copy and paste the Less than or equal to sign using the character map dialogue box for Windows users.
- Search for Character Map by pressing the Start button.
- Click on the Character Map app in the search results to open it.
- After that, the Character Map dialogue box will display. To see if the Advance is active, click here.
Using Insert Symbol Dialog Box (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The insert symbol dialogue box has a symbol library from which you may quickly insert any symbol into your Word document with a few mouse clicks.
- To use the insert symbol dialogue box to insert the Less than or equal to Symbol in Word, follow the steps below.
- Start a new Word document.
- To insert the symbol, click and drag the insertion pointer to the desired location.
- Select the Insert tab from the drop-down menu.
- A dialogue box called Symbol will emerge.
- Select Mathematical Operators from the Subset drop-down list to see symbols from this category, which includes the Less than or equal to symbol.
- Click the Insert button after selecting the symbol. Alternatively, you can put the symbol into your Word document by double-clicking on it.
- Close the conversation.
After that, the symbol will be inserted exactly where you put it.
Read More: HOW TO TYPE A MICRON SYMBOL IN WORD/EXCEL
Less Than Or Equal To Symbol Alt Code
In Microsoft Word, each character or symbol has a unique code that you can use to insert that character or symbol into your text.
2264 is the Alt code for the Less than or equal to symbol.
The instructions for using the Alt code to type the Less than or equal to the symbol on your keyboard are as follows:
- Put the number 2264 where you wish the symbol to appear.
- Press Alt+X on y without touching the spacebar.
How To Type Less Than Or Equal To
In a variety of systems, alt codes can be used to assist you to write mathematical signs like the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol. The method for writing these signals varies by the operating system, although it is consistent between programs. For instance, consider how to…To begin, open a text document. Any word-processing program, such as Word, Notepad, or Google Docs, will suffice.
You’ll need a keypad if you’re using a keyboard without one.